Alpine Hunting 101: Deer, Chamois, TahrHave you ever wanted to hunt the South Island and don’t know where to start? Maybe you’re after your first tahr or chamois? Or just want to give alpine hunting a go. This workshop will cover alpine hunting with particular focus on the South Island. It will be suited for beginners right through to seasoned veterans.
Ben Frame has spent hundreds of days hunting the southern alps in the recent years and wants to share his knowledge of current public land game animals’ herds. In this workshop he will cover:
- Gear: What different gear should you take alpine hunting, Binoculars, spotting scopes, cameras etc.
- Deer: Where to find them throughout the year, how to hunt them, current populations, and trophy potential in different areas of the South Island
- Tahr: Where to find them through the year, how to hunt them, and current status of the herd.
- Chamois: Where to find them through the year, how to hunt them, how to determine buck or a doe? and current status of the herd.
- Trophy Evaluation and Aging: Of the above species.
Space is limited- $20.00 for members only and you must register and pay via our website.
7 Target Street, Point Chevalier,Auckland 1022
We meet every second Tuesday of the month.
The Auckland branch of New Zealand Deerstalkers' exists to promote safe and enjoyable hunting the sport of shooting and related activities.
ContactField GuidelinesEthical GuidelinesClub Rules
Copyright 2020 NZDA Auckland Branch. All Rights Reserved